“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
I think this is true and just love this quote. BUT its Valentines Day week Audrey and we all want to have some good looking smoochers when we speak those words of kindness. I love Valentines Day, chocolate, no PDA rules, flowers, that warm fuzzy feeling all day long and kisses. Whether its a first kiss, french kiss, butterfly kiss, or just a peck who doesn’t love a good kiss?!?!? So this week I want to share the womans journey to a perfect lip for beautiful kisses.
- Botox around the lips.- You will either love it or hate it. For those strong pursed lips that cause the lines around your lips, botox can decrease that motion and I think the softening effect it has is very pretty. On the other hand; some women say that after Botox, they can’t kiss the same or cant suck through a straw. I mean I’m all about “no pain, no gain” but not being able to use your kissing skills, now that should be illegal!
- Pump up the jam, ergh I mean lips- That was corny….. sorry, not sorry! I just always sing that song in my head when I talk about lip plumping. There are a million lip plumper products out there. Try a medical grade one like SkinMedica TNS lip plump system. It has a lip renewal as the first step and a lip plumper for the second step. It rapidly smoothes the texture of the lips and increases their volume.
- Cracked, chapped lips-Please don’t come at me with cracked or scaly lips on Valentines Day. Am I right girls or am I right? I mean its bad enough we let our sweet soft lips get irritated by that Sunday stuble or that everyday goatie you men are rocking these days. I recommend staying hydrated and using plain petroleum/vaseline. If you’re really chapped and need a quick fix for that hot date you have planned Friday night then try Dr. Dan’s Cortibalm. It has just a touch of hydrocortisone in it that will help the inflammation. It doesn’t taste great but I love that stuff for a quick fix.
- Color me red- My go to favorite is the Jane Iredale puregloss lip gloss in Montreal. I can’t describe it, its like chocolate, you just have to try it to understand the deliciousness. It’s a great time to try it out because this Valentines Day at Johnson Dermatology with the purchase of a lip color you get a free lip definer. UMM yeah thats $13 bucks saved, you’re welcome in advance.
- Fillers- MY. FAVORITE. HandsDOWN. Want the biggest bang for your buck, then go with filler. I understand the bad rap some people have given fillers in the lips but if you let me inject you, I promise I won’t make you look like this:
- Some of you may know our clinic is LEED certified, we are proud to be environmentally conscious. Keeping with our philosophy, I like to enhance the NATURAL beauty of lips. Fillers don’t just add volume to the lips. I also use them to decrease lines, give columns back, define borders to the lips, get a sexy pout and turn those frowns upside down. Fillers can enhance or recreate the natural beauty of your lips. Here are some before and after pictures of one of my amazingly beautiful patients.
Part two of this post is going to go into detail about fillers for the lips, so stay tuned next week. Have you lost your Cupids Bow? As a Valentine present to you, come get your lips filled for Valentines Day and get a free TNS lip plump system-thats valued at $58 while supplies last, naturally. Hope you all have a Valentines Day filled with love and lots of kisses with those gorgeous lips!