Black Friday is out of control. So much so that people miss their Thanksgiving dinner, or worse, the whole day because they are camped out in front of some large store to get a deal on a TV. You’ve seen it…. the tents at Best Buy, the fights at Target, it all makes the 5, 6 and 10 o’clock news. I must shamelessly admit I have participated. There is something rewarding about being the person that got that deal everyone wanted. I really like to shop local though and this year I’m going to keep it local even on Black Friday. I love Fort Smith and how much it’s grown since I started calling it home. I like getting to know the little shop owners and feeling like my money is contributing to my community. I want all the Fort Smith small businesses to thrive and be successful.
I’ve hardly been able to think about anything this weekend other than our “gratitude evening” tomorrow night at Johnson Dermatology. I’m so excited to have a fun time and see all your pretty faces while you shop our products. From 5-7pm we are saying Thank You to our patients with 20% off cosmetic procedures, lasers, make-up and products. Carrot Dirt Organics will be there with juice samples for you. Roots hair salon will have a braid bar set up so you can get a cute braided do while you pick up some of the best hair products known to man (they are bringing the davines line I use). We will have a tester bar of our GRASS regimen (come find out more if you don’t know what that means). So much exciting things happening I am giddy just typing this! But we aren’t the only ones enjoying Thanksgiving with some Black Friday deal madness. Here are some local shops that are celebrating Black Friday and I’m not going to miss it. Enjoy the Black Friday deals this year while keeping it local because I know you love Fort Smith and its citizens as much as I do! I’ll see you there!
1. Hazels Haven- Did you hear they are moving? Their grand opening is Black Friday at 4120 Rogers Ave in Williamsburg Square. They open at 10AM with the best specials so the earlier you show up the best deal you will get. Be the first to see the new location while getting amazing deals? Winning! Plus, I hear Sweet Bay Coffee is going to be there all day! Don’t miss it, you will need the caffeine!
2. Suite One- Are you an early bird that will stand in line for a deal? They are kicking off at 8AM and they will have 40% off the entire store for an hour. BUT, the first 15 people in line get 50% off! Tell me you wouldn’t feel like a winner if you were one of the 15?!?!
3. Inscriptions- Are you going out Thursday night but don’t want to be standing outside in a cold a line?! Inscriptions is opening at midnight and having specials and snacks until 6AM!
4. Kens & Co- Have you seen how cute my kids dress? This shop carries half of their outfits. It’s a booth in Mama Says Emporium on Garrison and if you haven’t been, you must go. Black Friday she is having 10% off of everything (even already marked down items). But do you want to wait until Saturday to miss the Black Friday crowd? Head here for small business Saturday and get 15% off the entire booth!
5. Baby Chic- The other half of my girls outfits are from this store. She usually closes during the Black Friday madness but she is opening this year so you know it’s gonna be good. Baby Chic’s new location is in Green Pointe shopping center conveniently close to Carrot Dirt so grab some organic cold pressed juice for some shopping fuel while you’re there! Baby Chic will be open from 11AM-2PM on Friday and she is going to have a surprise special every hour! I’m going to have to go out of curiosity if nothing else, haha!
I really hope I get to see you guys tomorrow night at the clinic so I can personally say Thank You for trusting my skin advice for you and yours. If not, maybe I will see you around Fort Smith on Black Friday at one of our local small shops…. I guarantee there won’t be any physical brawls on scene at these classy little shops.
Happy Turkey Day to all, Nina