Today is my birthday! I turned 32 years old today. The thirties are the best! All your friends are in different walks of life when you are in your thirties. Some have kids, some don’t. Some are single, some are married. Some are starting their first job and some have been with their current employer for over 10 years. You can be at so many stages in your thirties, be anything you want. As I drove home from Bentonville this weekend I reflected on my 32 years and my current life circumstances. What I want to change, what I love, what else I want to accomplish, what goals I want to work towards. I’m happy in my life but it’s not all unicorns and rainbows. I’ve got problems too, but nothing major. I actually think my problems are pretty “first world”. As a matter of fact, the problems I have are pretty great. And that, my friends, may be the key to a happy life; having great problems. So here are some of the problems I’ve accumulated over my past 32 years that you should have too.
Nina’s suggested life problems:
1. No matter how much time I spend cleaning my house it’s still a mess.
2. I eat organic but let my kid eat lucky charms for breakfast.
3. It’s never silent in my home (1 year old and 3 year old).
4. My kids can drive me insane (but they are healthy and happy).
5. I have too many friends and family to spend adequate time with everyone.
6. I’m loud, my kids are louder.
7. I’m still growing up.
8. I have so much to learn.
9. I have hormonal acne because I have been pregnant or breastfeeding for 4 years ( two of the best things ever).
10. The older I get the harder it is to stay in shape (mentally, emotionally and PHYSICALLY).
The point is this: in order to enjoy all the greatest blessings in life, you must accept the negative side of all those things too. Don’t stress over these problems, know they are just the negative side to something great. Something in your life that makes you smile. Enjoy your family and friends, make memories and as the saying goes “don’t sweat the small stuff”. I hope you all find joy and happiness in life because it’s a short time we are given and it shouldn’t be wasted.
“Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” -Ralph Waldo Emmerson