I don’t know if it’s the holidays coming up or if it’s just my imagination but I feel like everyone is asking me when specials are coming up on Botox and fillers. I get it. Everyone always wants a deal, who wants to pay more for anything? The problem is you likely need your Botox every 3-4 months and specials usually don’t come around that often. You definitely do not want to bargain shop for cosmetic procedures because you may be sacrificing expertise and good results for a few bucks. Good news is there are other ways to pocket your pennies. So this post goes out to all you extreme coupon girls or really just anyone that wants some advice on how to save and still take care of your skin!
1. Brilliant Distinctions- If you don’t know what this is let me introduce you. This is a program that the Allergan company runs. Allergan owns Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, SkinMedica skincare line, Latisse and more. Once you are entered into the brilliant distinctions program you earn points with each purchase. Points convert into dollars. Then you can put those dollars towards your next purchase. You can use points from your retinol for Botox or points from Latisse towards fillers. However you want to use them, you can! I have seen big savings here so come sign up.
2. Schedule your Botox like your hair appointment. At Johnson Dermatology if you make your appointment for your next Botox at the time of your injection you get $25 off your next injection. Botox is like getting your hair colored. You don’t wait until your roots are completely grown out to recolor, you schedule it every 6 weeks. It’s much easier to touch-up that way. Some of my patients that really keep up with their Botox like this can go 6 months because that muscle has weakened. Double savings, $25 dollars off and eventually you can go longer between injections.
3. Save on moisturizers, washes and facials- Moisturizers, face washes and facials feel good. They can be luxurious. But the truth is they are not the work horses changing your skin. Buy off brand plain old moisturizers and face washes and save that money you were spending on expensive fancy moisturizers embedded with pearls hand shelled by mermaids on the beaches of Bora Bora and put that money towards your injections or retinol or peels, something that will improve your skin.
4. Get on the Johnson Dermatology e-mail list- If you put your e-mail on your patient registration that doesn’t mean you automatically get e-mails from us. You have to request to be on our e-mail list. Once you are on our e-mail list that will be how you are the first to find out about any news at the clinic, including specials.
5. Quality over quantity- Make sure your injector is cost conscious and full of skill. A lot of the studies that I read on Fillers they are using 6-8 syringes, Dr. Sandy and I rarely use that many syringes. We are pretty conservative and together we have agreed that with the right placement of the filler less can be more. Every individual is different and some people may need 8 syringes but most people do great with much less than that. So yes, I just tooted my own horn. Just by picking Johnson Dermatology to inject you, you saved money…. haha!
6. Buy in packages- We have laser packages that come with TNS serums or skin care packages with a full skin care regimen or Latisse with laser packages. What it boils down to is that if you buy your favorite products separately you will pay more than if you buy them in a package. Get down to the clinic and pick the package that fits your needs best.
Hope these tips help. We try very hard to be cost conscious at Johnson Dermatology and still offer you the BEST care and products out there.
In the words of Marilyn Monroe, “I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.”
You’re all WONDERFUL, Nina