Yesterday we celebrated my little girl turning four years old with a party at our house. I forgot about planning her party until 4 days before her Birthday. Yes, you read that right four DAYS. I sent invitations via text message with a pathetic plea for people to attend on short notice. I didn’t cook a thing- bought snacks from sams. I ordered the cake on Friday for the party the very next day. There were no decorations. There was no plan. I spent literally half the money, time, stress and effort that I have spent on her previous parties. It was the ultimate stetford wife birthday party dupe. And guess what? It was her best party yet. She had just as much fun and I had way more fun! We made memories which is what really matters anyway right? Point is sometimes a dupe is a good thing. So obviously I need to share with you all my favorite secret skin care dupes.
- Latisse. It’s no secret I love my thicker, darker, longer lashes I have from Latisse. But Latisse is an investment. I also love Jane Iredale purelash extender and conditioner. It’s like putting a moisturizer on your lashes before mascara. Although it doesn’t actually make your lashes change it does make them appear thicker, darker and longer when applied before your mascara and coming in at over $100 cheaper than Latisse you can’t complain.
- My favorite body moisturizer is Cerave itch relief moisturizing cream found in a 12 ounce tub at Walmart for $20. You can get its dupe- 100% petroleum jelly in a 13 ounce tub for 1.97 one aisle over at Walmart. This dupe may even be the better option for the driest of winter skin folks.
- Jane Iredale hydration spray is life. I use it before I apply my HA5 to pull moisture into my skin. I use it to set my powder so I am dewy not cakey. I sometimes just spritz it on because I love the rose scent and need a pick me up. It’s my coffee for the skin. But if you don’t want to drop $30 on this slice of heaven then at least get the Evian dupe. It’s a spray mineral water that’s half the price and does just as good a job(minus the luxury smell).
- Dermaplaning. Have blonde vellus facial hair(peach fuzz) you’re getting removed with dermaplaning? I have no clue how much it cost but I’m guessing it’s more than buying the hand held facial razor that comes in a pack of 3 for about $4 and you can do it at home once a month. We sell the ones by Tinkle at the clinic. Stop by and learn how to use them and get a skincare consult while you’re visiting!
- Retin-A. If you’ve been following me for any length of time you know that I want all non-pregnant/breastfeeding women on a retinol or retinoid. Previously, prescriptions have been over $100. Recently one went over the counter and can now be found at Target, Sams and Walgreens for $27! It’s called Adapalene gel or Differin gel 0.1%. It’s not even a dupe it’s just a lower strength prescription medicine that you can now get without a prescription. Go get you some and save money!
You may have noticed there is no dupe for SkinMedica Retinol, HA5, Lytera, TNS, Botox and Fillers. That’s because I don’t believe in those dupes. It’s not even worth it. Sometimes you just have to pay to play. The key is to know where a good dupe option is so you can save money on that and put it towards a higher end product to change your skin. Hope you all had as happy a weekend as I did.
Stay Skintastic, Nina