Hindsight is 20/20. I hear all the time from people that they wish they wouldn’t have done this or that or would have known better. Let me tell you my top 10 things you will be sure to regret you did to your skin.
- Waxing your brows while using retinol. You will rip your skin off, that simple.
- Getting a sunburn. It will hurt. It will peel. It will not be good.
- Getting unprotected sun exposure repeatedly. You will get brown spots, premature aging and maybe even skin cancer.
- Not wearing compression stockings. Varicose veins, enough said.
- Getting in a tanning bed repeatedly. Trust me. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, it may not be next year, it may not be in 20 years but one day you will say “wish I wouldn’t have”.
- Silicone lip injections. (Not to be confused with the amazing HA fillers) They may look great today but one day they are more than likely going to look funky, feel funky and be a funky problem to fix.
- Delaying treatment of a skin cancer. We all have our reasons. This is complicated. Some of us don’t go to the dermatologist because we fear financial strain or pain or answers we don’t want. But generally speaking it’s always better the quicker we catch that little booger.
- Choosing the cheapest injector. Okay you may not ALWAYS regret this but most of the time when it comes to fillers in particular you get what you pay for.
- Repeatedly pushing back your cuticles. Eventually you may get an infection or cause ridges and misshapen nails. Usually results in a loss not a win.
- Putting too much self tanner on your flexor surfaces. It will look dark and weird. I recommend mixing some of your self tanner with moisturizer for your hands elbows and knees to be able to bend and straighten without looking dirty.
I could go on forever but that would just be annoying. We have the lighten up and pucker up specials going on at JD until March! Buy a Lytera package and get a free chemical peel OR buy a TNS lip plump system and get $100 off a syringe of any filler. Hurry in, you don’t want to miss out.
“After the ship has sunk, everyone knows how she might have been saved.”
Stay Skintastic, Nina