Who has made their New Year Resolutions? I love this time of year when we look at ourselves and think about how we can be better. One year, 10 years ago I made my resolution to be positive about Fort Smith and make it my home. I was born, raised and educated in Fayetteville. I moved here late 2006 after becoming engaged to my now husband, Jarrard. He had been here for 20+ years and was a well known public figure for the FSPD. In Fayetteville I couldn’t go get gas without running into an acquaintance. In Fort Smith I had to go out to eat by myself if my husband was working and it felt like there were little to no yummy restaurants. It was a hard transition for a 23 year old. I had to resolute my negativity towards the move to make things better for myself. Now? Oh Now I LOVE this place. It’s growing into one of the coolest cities in Arkansas! I’ve made the best friends here and have fallen in love with some of our local small businesses. So this year while you try to reach your goals consider letting one of our local small businesses in Fort Smith help you out and you too will fall in love with this city.
If your resolution is…….
- Get in Shape. Check out Barre One. This is the best shape I have ever been in in my life. You might have heard of barre before but if you have not taken from Jennifer Glover you haven’t lived. She is the most motivating, fun and energetic instructor you will ever meet. The new and improved location is in Stonewood village across from Mercy hospital. Conveniently located for when I have a heart attack my first class back. Check out their Instagram for all the details @barreone.fs
- Eat Healthy. Try Perky Pantry. It’s our local version of hello fresh or blue apron. The recipes are much easier to follow, much quicker to cook and healthier. Consider coming to our event at JD January 16th at 5:30 and sampling their food. They will be offering 20% off a month of delivered meals that night only. Find out more at www.perkypantrygirls.com
- Drink more water. Having trouble getting that water intake you need down? Try Carrot Dirt juices. Maybe not water but definetely a drink that packs a healthy punch! Try Kale bro, their pineapple and kale juice that will give you island vibes during these winter months.
- Look your best. Become to comfortable in sweats and a t-shirt? No worries because Fort Smith is now home to some of the best boutiques in the state. Try Suite One or Hazels Haven, two of my personal favorites. Also, booming downtown now has Clothologie and The Valley Boutique which are so cute. While downtown check out the unexpected project, grab a cup of tea at Savoy Tea Co. or do an escape room.
- Take care of your skin. Okay so I’m betting this is a less popular resolution but your skin is your largest organ so you better bump it up on the priority list. Come get a skin cancer check called a full body skin exam at Johnson Dermatology. We specialize in skin cancer. Get a free skin care consult and find out what products are HONESTLY recommended by a dermatologist! Let one of the top 200 injectors in the United States inject your Botox, Fillers and Kybella. Come check out the largest laser center in the River Valley! Whatever your skin needs and wants are this year we can help you achieve them.
Whatever you have to resolute I hope you all achieve your goals! I hope you utilize everything Fort Smith has to offer you. I hope I get to meet you this year! Come see me and the cosmetic team January 16th at 5:30 at the clinic. We are going to do live Kybella injections, eat Perky Pantry and discuss all things skin! It’s going to be a fun party! Happy New Year!
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.