Thanks Nina for letting me write a 2 part blog. I hope you and your loyal blog readers have not been too stressed waiting for part 2. Well wait no longer.
We already discussed the SNL skit about if you look mahhhvelous then you will feel mahhhvelous OR if you feel mahhhvelous then you will look mahhhvelous. A music video clip that makes me giggle is https://youtu.be/hXydX9p_ZxA I hope each of you both looks maahhvelous and feels maahhvelous. If you don’t look or feel maahvelous, we again encourage you to come visit us. Until you are able to have the JD experience, here is part 2 of the blog. The whole purpose of the blog is to remind all of us to “fake it until you make it”, “put on your big girl panties and get to work”, “suck it up”, “there’s no crying in baseball (or Dermatology or ???)”, etc so that we can approach each day looking maahhhvelous and feeling maahhhvelous.
The impetus to write these blogs is that one of my close friends is going through a very difficult time now. She is constantly on my mind. Maybe you are personally or you also have a good friend who is also personally going through a tough time. Please know that you are not alone. Your village is here for you. When I am personally struggling, these are some of the thoughts that have helped me get through them while looking and feeling maahvelous. These are some of the things that I keep reminding her…
1. Eat well, stay hydrated, get enough sleep, exercise, pray…be ready to battle.
2. Life is more like a marathon than a sprint. Be ready to go the distance.
3. That person/situation is not paying rent to live in your head so evict them.
4. Stephen Covey has taught us to make our circle of influence (control what we can) larger and our circle of concern (what we cannot control, what we fret) smaller. This is similar to the Serenity prayer, you know…God grant me the courage to change the things I can…..
5. Fix your hair and makeup. Look good. The world doesn’t need to know how you feel. After all, if you look mahhhvelous, you will start to feel mahhhvelous. Fake it until you make it.
6. Surround yourself with beauty. Start with yourself. Focus on the good things in life. Count your blessings. Look your best. Hang out with beautiful (inside beauty is more important here) people who support you and remind you how beautiful (inside and outside) you are.
7. Pay it forward. There is always someone better off than you are. There is also always someone suffering or worse off than you are. Help someone who is suffering. Smile at a stranger. Volunteer. Practice the corporal works of mercy…feed the hungry, visit the sick, etc.
In summary, there will be joy and pain in life. There will be good times and not so good times. All of this will pass. Remember, we are all in this world together. Let us help make the world a little bit better for each other. Here is to hoping you both feel mahhhvelous and look mahhhvelous. If there is anything we at JD can do to help you feel mahhhvelous or look more mahhhvelous, we are only a visit, blog, post, etc away.
Stay skintastic aka mahhhvelous!
Have a skintastic day, S