I’m at a conference the rest of the week learning ways to improve the care I give to my patients. I feel so blessed to have patients that trust me with their skin. I take that honor seriously and enjoy learning and improving all the time. Thank you to Dr. Brad and Dr. Sandy for opening a dermatology practice in Fort Smith that continues to “deliver efficient, quality, compassionate, comprehensive, patient-centered skin care” (JD mission statement) and for allowing me to be a part of the team. With that being said, I am fairly certain the pearls I pick up at conferences are more exciting to me than most but here are a few from today I thought my readers would enjoy!
- One study showed that adding one tablespoon of peppermint oil to your Vaseline decreased “itch” 50% more than plain Vaseline.
- Lexus windows do the best filtering UV rays. (Currently considering a clear UV tint for my windshield found at California Customs in Fort Smith)
- Patients prefer white coats over suits and scrubs. How do you guys feel about patterns, leopard as a neutral and chokers? Asking for a friend.
- Chlorine Dioxide wash is highly effective for the hard to treat condition Keratosis Pilaris (red sand paper like bumps often found on upper arms). Fine it at www.asepticmd.com for about $20.
- A good alternative to my eczema patients who dislike the bleach baths idea is a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar added to moisturizer. Y’all know I love a good organic option!
- Rogain helped NAILS grow 0.5 mm more than placebo. Why didn’t I think of that?
- Low risk products for sensitive skin according to Dr. Zirwas the contact dermatitis expert: Cerave cream, Certain Dry antiperspirant, cleure toothpaste and Wella Koleston innosence hair dye. Has anyone heard of those last two? Anyone?
- New topical out for excessive arm pit sweat coming this year!
- New topical for removing Seborrheic Keratosis(brown crusty age spots) coming in December!
- It’s only 10 AM who wants another post this week?!?!?!
Please make sure you guys call the clinic soon and get on our schedule September 29th for cosmetic day! Discounted Botox, skincare travel kits free, lunch and learn and live injections! Don’t miss out! See you there!
Stay amazing, happy and skintastic! Nina
P.S. The conference is at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside (amazing location) so follow our snapchat and I will try to get some local photos for ya! Jdermatology