Johnson Dermatology staff recently attended a communication workshop. We are always striving to be better and communication is important for a successful team. During the workshop we discussed the “100 days of happiness” challenge. Essentially you challenge yourself to decide on one thing that makes you happy every day for 100 days. I thought to myself “welp, I’m happy already so no need to waste time on that activity”. I’m blessed with healthy family and friends and happy to say I have many luxuries such as a good job, good looks and good wardrobe. What more could a girl ask for? But as I often do over my morning cup of coffee I reflected on the meeting and the happiness challenge. I thought to myself “Who couldn’t be happier?” and “Could I be happier?” and realized that there is always room for improvement. Even though I am content right now, that doesn’t mean I couldn’t be happier. Then, as I perused my social media I saw where one of my team members started the challenge. It made me smile. It made me happy to see someone recognizing the things that are good in life. It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling to see someone whom I care about sharing their happiness. At that moment she made me realize that the happiness challenge isn’t just for yourself, it’s also to spread happiness and joy. So if you haven’t figured it out yet I’m accepting the challenge. But instead of the next 100 days I’m going to bring happiness to my blog. From here on out at the end of each blog post I’m going to post something that makes me happy. I hope it doesn’t come off as annoying or obnoxious but instead spreads happiness and brightens someone’s day. To kick off the happy challenge here are some tips to keep your skin happy.
- Sun Protect. Angry skin is tan or even worse, sunburned. Keep your skin happy by using sun protective clothing and sunscreen this year.
- Moisturize. Dry skin can itch, burn, crack and be prone to infections. Get a plain white thick cream that comes in a jar such as cetaphil, cerave or vanicream and layer that stuff on thick especially when you get out of that shower while your skin is still moist.
- Gently cleanse. Only use plain gentle cleansers. Cleansers with scrubs and beads or exfoliators will not make for a happy camper. They can cause redness and inflammation of your skin.
- Throw away your magnifying mirror. If you can’t see small imperfections with a regular mirror neither can anyone else. Happy skin is self confident.
- Get naked and get checked. See a dermatologist this year and get your skin cancer exam. We look you head to toe and make sure we don’t see any skin cancers or health issues with your skin. Your skin is the largest organ of your body. Get a wellness check to help keep it happy!
I hope you all have a very happy 2016!
Full of even more happiness than an hour ago, Nina
P.S. Today my happiness is brought to you by my husband who just did bath time with my kids all by himself!