When life throws you curve balls it’s easy to get down. To feel sad and grumpy. I know that all too well as of late. My husband has had the usual police officer stressors and then some, we lost my Father-In-Law, I have two kids under 3 years of age, just a full plate in a busy life that doesn’t seem to have time to slow down. We all have our own coping mechanisms. I personally use simplicity. I slow down and take time to really enjoy the small simple things that make each day great. By changing my focus to the little happy things, it leaves little room for sadness and anger. It may be something as simple as a warm, quiet shower, a soft snuggle from my baby, a poached egg that’s cooked perfectly or just a breeze in the air that feels amazing. You know the little things that make you smile. Making things simple just brings life into focus for me. This weekend I’ve been really working on simply enjoying every second. What do they say? “the days are long but the years are short”. Making life simple makes the time that passes easier and happier. As that time passes, so do most of the curve balls and life circumstances that have been trying to get you down. So I started thinking about how to simply care for your skin. Skin is the largest organ in your body so you need to take care of it. Some people probably don’t want to go to the extent that I do daily so here is how to very simply care for your skin (no injections, no regimens,no lasers, nothing complicated).
- Moisturize- Dry skin can crack and be prone to infection, itching and flaking. At least slap on some moisturizer right after the shower once a day.
- Avoid irritants- Avoid colors, fragrances, additives and chemicals. This is easy if you follow a simple rule while picking out products: avoid products that have more than 10 ingredients.
- Use a good sunscreen- I recommend UVA/UVB, at least 30 SPF, water resistant and preferably a physical blocker such as zinc oxide. (I like BOB, Elta MD, SkinMedica and Bare Republic brands).
- Be gentle- Don’t scrub, pick, scratch nor pop your skin. Simply avoid loofas and scrubs.
- SUN PROTECT-Sunscreen is just a small slice of the pie! Seek shade (cheap and easy), avoid the hottest parts of the day and wear sun protective clothing! Wide brim hats are so in style right now this should be a simple outdoors outfit staple!
Follow these tips and your skin will simply thank you…..
I hope you simply enjoyed your weekend, I know I did!