October 6-12th, 2018 is National Physicians Assistants week! All week we will be celebrating PAs and their contribution to the health care field. At Johnson Dermatology we have one amazing PA, Honey Schaumburg! She is my work sister and I can’t imagine my life at JD without her. She is the calm to my storm. She is wisdom to my insanity. She is the logic to my crazy. She is overall an amazing human and I wanted to dedicate this blog to her and why everyone should get to know her.
Reasons to celebrate Honey this week:
- She is a psoriasis expert. She is frequently on advisory boards for Psoriasis drugs called biologics to give her expert advice.
- She has a caring heart and loves to serve. She recently visited Peru for a medical mission trip.
- She can balance it all. She has a beautiful daughter, sees patients full time, is active in her church and still manages to work out and be a wife. I’m exhausted just thinking about living that life.
- She takes care of her team. Ask any of her nurses, she always makes sure they get plenty of time for lunch, feel appreciated, she honors and respects them. I feel sorry for my team just thinking about how spoiled Honeys team is at work!
- She is smart. Graduated top of her class, not many PAs can say that!
- She is Dermatology certified. A rare species in the PA world.
- She is beautiful. I mean not sure this is a professional attribute but it’s true so I had to add it to the list.
- She will listen to your needs. Honey always seeks to understand before being understood. I have always been jealous of her ability to listen and I think it’s one of her best traits that makes her a great health care provider.
- Honey takes action. In the specialty of biologics and psoriasis one could argue they are the most difficult medications to get to the patient. You can’t just write a prescription and pick them up at the pharmacy. It takes hours of writing letters to insurance companies, giving her staff desk time to do prior authorizations and applications for programs to get the drugs. It’s a lot of extra steps and Honey (and her biologic team) get it done when others probably wouldn’t take the time to do those extra steps for patients.
- She is organized. She always takes care of me when we travel. When we have something that has to be done she always reminds me. She is one of the most organized health care providers I know. Every patient benefits from that!
If you know a physicians assistant you should tell them how great they are this week! If you know Honey send some really great treats that I can get a bite of too! If you don’t know Honey and you have dermatological needs make an appointment! It’s easy as e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy National Physicians Week to all the Skintastic PAs out there! We appreciate you and all you do for our communities! Especially you Honey, the best work sister around! Muah, Nina