Valentines Day is all about love. Kisses, hugs, snuggles, roses, chocolate and all the good feels. That’s what makes a great Valentines Day, right? I’ve spent the day hugging my girls a little tighter and giving out extra kisses to my hubby. I hope you all have had as much love in your day as I have enjoyed today. If you are lucky enough to have some smooches today, I hope your lips were smooch ready. Here are my tips for getting those lips ready for the big kiss!
- Be bold- No one looks bad in red lipstick. If you think you can’t pull it off you’re wrong. If you need a day to try it, Valentines is THE day! My favorite right now is Jane Iredale lip crayon in hot.
- Don’t be afraid of filler- Do you want fuller lips? Want more of a cupids bow? Want a sexy pout? Don’t be ashamed of filler, it’s in style and can be done to look very natural. Do you follow us on snapchat(@jdermatology) and instagram(@johnsondermatology)? That’s where we have video and before and after of injections for you to check out.
- Avoid irritating lip colors and products- Some “chapsticks” tingle or burn when you put them on-don’t use these they can irritate and dry out the lips.
- Apply sunscreen daily-Pick a lip balm that has broad spectrum SPF 30 (at least). You can get skin cancer on your lips and it can be aggresive so sunscreen is a daily must. Plus sunscreen can prevent brown spots on your lips and premature aging.
- Stay hydrated- Drink plenty of water. And keep the air hydrated during these dry winter months. Consider a humidifier.
Hope you felt the love today. For the rest of this month you get a free Jane Iredale lip color of your choice with the purchase of just one syringe of Juvederm for your lip injections. Now that’s a Valentines present you deserve! Hope I get to see you at the clinic this month where love is in the air.
Happy Valentines, x’s & o’s, Nina