Today is my husband’s birthday. Jarrard is an amazing husband and Father. I really did good for myself. Most men don’t really take care for their skin like they should however, being married to me, my man has to do something to keep up with all my young, hot, flawlessness. So here is what I have my red-toned rosacea man use for skin care.
1. Wash with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser- I like the foam cleanser but he says it feels too much like washing with water and the daily cleanser has a little more substance. It’s a gentle cleanser so it doesn’t irritate the skin and cause inflammation which can cause him to be more red or get folliculitis (little red bumps) in his beard area.
2. SkinMedica Redness Relief CalmPlex- This is a moisturizer. It is made for people who suffer from redness. It works very well, some claim better than prescriptions I have given for redness. The best part about it is that it is luxurious. It doesn’t irritate or dry out the skin like some prescriptions for redness are known to do, it does quite the opposite and CALMs your comPLEXsion (corny what I did there?).
3. Mirvaso- This is a prescription cream for redness. You put it on in the morning and it kicks in in 30 minutes, works at its best in 3 hours and lasts for 12 hours. The longer you use it the more the decrease in overall redness over time. This one should be used with a moisturizer and the amount you use should be gradually increased as tolerated. If you are interested come see us at the clinic and we will spend some time with you on how to use it so that it is a success for you.
4. PDL- Pulsed Dye Laser works great for things that are red. Jarrard had 5 treatments one month apart initially and now gets a touch-up about every 6-12 months (or whenever I drag him to the clinic, hold him down and do it). We use the PDL laser for vascular lesions, acne, rosacea, red birthmarks and much more.
5. What he is about to start- Soolantra. Soolantra is a mix between some pig SOOie and cilantro. No seriously, Soolantra is a new topical cream for rosacea patients. Its active ingredient is ivermectin which we have traditionally used as a parasitic. Demodex are generally harmless mites that live in all of our skin and some believe are more abundant in those with rosacea. That parasitic effect paired with its anti-inflammatory effect make it the perfect candidate to solve the problem of red bumpy rosacea issues. If you’re a rosacea patient you are going to want to be one of the first to try this new to the market cream. Should be available within the next few weeks, eeeek, excited!!
This skin regimen is great for those of you with redness or rosacea. If you ever wondered why my husband is so good looking, now you know, it’s because of me and my skin care skills. If you want to talk more about any of these products and tricks come see us at the clinic this week, we want to see your smiling face!
Make today so awesome that yesterday gets jealous, with love, Nina